Episode 5: New Beginnings?
[Begin a session move: Unforeseen aid is on the way or within reach]
"First things first. I need to go see Fidget." Kenzie mutters to herself as she gets up from the ground and dusts herself off.
[Face Danger with Shadow: Strong Hit +1 momentum (7)]
It took Kenzie a while but she was able to sneak her way to the Astra, ducking behind shop stands and using alleyways when she had to avoid Keepers patrolling the promenade. Kenzie waited for a long time, watching Astra's. Fidget usually didn't work the night shift and Kenzie knew she would be going back to her place soon.
[Face Danger with shadow: Strong Hit +1 momentum (8)]
After what seemed like hours, Fidget finally left the Astra and began her trek home. Kenzie was able to follow her without being seen. Fidget lived not too far away from the Astra in a small apartment complex.
Once Fidget opened the door to her place Kenzie came up behind her and placed her blaster into Fidget's back.
"Go in slowly Fidget," Kenzie said.
"Raven?" Fidget said as Kenzie pushed Fidget into the room and closed the door behind her.
"I saw you on the Vid screen this afternoon," Fidget said as she sat on the couch and noticed Kenzie's cast on her hand. "It seems you've had a busy day."
"You think?" Kenzie said as she sat across from Fidget, holding her blaster aimed at her. "
"It seems we have a problem, Kenzie. You lost my shipment." Fidget says calmly.
[Forsake a vow: Your reputation suffers: Envision how this failure marks you.]
"I didn't lose it. The Keepers have it." Kenzie says as she puts the blaster on the couch, still clutching it.
"Either way, I gave that shipment to you. You are responsible for it. You need to get it back."
Kenzie laughs. "You're kidding, right? How am I supposed to get 8 metric tons of Keeper weapons out of their offices?"
"That's not my problem. I already spread the word of your incompetence to the people who are expecting that shipment. So, you see. You have a problem. They are not forgiving people."
Sigh Kenzie lifts up the blaster and aims it at Fidget. "You shouldn't have done that Fidget."
[Battle: Weak hit, Burned momentum (Now 1), Strong Hit. you achieve your objective unconditionally. You may take +2 momentum. (Now 3)]
Kenzie pulls the trigger and hits Fidget in the chest, killing her instantly. She drops the blaster on the couch.
"Why Fidget, I didn't want it to come to this but you know me. You know how I solve my problems in life." Kenzie says to Fidget's corpse before she gets up and searches Fidget.
[Gather Information: Strong Hit. you discover something helpful and specific. The path you must follow or action you must take to make progress is made clear. Envision what you learn. Then, take +2 momentum (5)]
Kenzie grabs Fidget's credit chip and datapad and begins going through it.
[Ask the Oracle: Does Fidget have enough money on her credit chip to pay for the augmented hand and plastic surgery? Unlikely: Yes]
It seems Fidget has made quite a sum of money during her time as a smuggler and bar owner. This gave Kenzie an idea.
Kenzie picks up Fidget's communicator and calls Stag.
"Hey Stag, I got a proposition for you," Kenzie says.
"I saw the news today, Raven. I don't know if I should be talking to you right now."
"What would you say if I paid you a lot of money to do some cosmetic surgery for me and maybe that hand? I recently came into a lot of money. Plus, it will help me collect your debt. What do you say?"
[Compel: Strong hit. They will do it +1 momentum (6)]
The line was silent for a little while before Stag finally answered. "Come to my shop. I'll be waiting." The call ends.
Kenzie changed into one of Fidget's outfits, gathered a few of her things in a gym bag, and left the apartment. It was nighttime now on the station and for once Kenzie was happy, they had the lights do an artificial night and day cycle.
[Face Danger with Shadow: Strong hit, +1 momentum (7)]
It took about an hour of sneaking about to finally get to Stag's office, but Kenzie made it without any problems. Stag opened the door and let Kenzie in.
"So, what do you need?" Stag says as he points to the operating table.
Kenzie pulls out Fidget's datapad and pulls up a picture of Fidget.
[Ask the Oracle: Does the surgery Use wits or Shadow? 1-50 (no) Wits, 51-100 (Yes) Shadow: Yes]
"I want to look like this and have that hand you promised. Can you, do it?" Kenzie asks.
Stag looks over the picture before transferring it to his computer and pulls it up in 3d. After a long time, he nods. "I can do it if you have the money."
Kenzie hands Stag Fidget's credit chip. "Here you go."
Stag slips the chip into his datapad punches in an amount and smiles. Once the transfer is complete, he hands the chip back to Kenzie.
"It seems we have a deal."
"Excellent." Kenzie smiles.
"This won't hurt. Just lay down and relax." Stag says as he injects Kenzie with a needle.
Stag begins the operation.
[Face Danger: Strong Hit: 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 vs 6 | 6 +1 momentum (8) With the match, the surgery goes perfectly]
[End Scene: Health 5 Spirit 5 Supply 3 Momentum 8. Forsake a vow with Fidget, Lost the Fidget connection (she's dead), Got plastic surgery to look like fidget, got the new hand: Getting rid of the permanently harmed Impact]
Comments
Post a Comment