Episode 3: What's up doc?
[Begin Session: Influential character or faction is introduced or given new detail]
Kenzie woke up in a strange room, strapped to a bed. The sounds of a buzzsaw could be heard coming from another room. Kenzie had a splitting headache and her back was in severe pain. She couldn't feel her left hand at the moment.
A tall man wearing a blood-splattered apron walked into Kenzie's field of view holding a buzzsaw with blood dripping off the blade. He had on a face shield that was covered with streaks of blood as well.
He lifted the face shield and smiled; his toothy grin looked silly on his face.
[Ask the oracle: Does Kenzie know who this is? Unlikely: No]
"Who the Frak are you and why am I tied to this bed?" Kenzie asked, trying to struggle free.
The man put a large meaty hand on Kenzie's shoulder and held her down.
"Relax. I'm a Rigger. You can call me Stag." he said as he began taking the bandage off of Kenzie's left hand. "Someone left you at my doorstep. You were in pretty rough shape."
[Heal: Weak hit. take +3 health at the cost of -2 supply]
He finishes taking the bandage off and Kenzie sees a hard cast on her hand and cringes.
"There was extensive damage to your nerves in your hand, I was able to repair the hole that the blaster made but you won't be able to regain the use of that hand. I'm sorry. On the bright side, I was able to patch up your back." Stag says with his toothy grin.
"Frak." Kenzie mutters. "Now what?"
Stag begins to unstrap Kenzie from the bed and hands her a new shirt. Kenzie just realized she was topless and grabs the shirt from the Rigger and smirks.
"Like what you see?"
"It's nothing I haven't seen before. I can enhance them if you wish?" Stag says with a smile.
Kenzie frowns. "No thanks. I'm fine."
"As for what now, I can give you an augmentation for your hand. It would be as good as new. But I'm afraid you can't afford it." Stag says.
"How do you know what I can and can't afford?" Kenzie asks.
"I already took your credit chip and withdrew the funds for patching you up. You're running pretty low right now."
Sigh Kenzie struggles to put on her new shirt one-handed but finally gets it done after a few minutes. At least he didn't destroy my shooting hand
Stag hands Kenzie a bag. "Here's the pain meds for your hand. I gave you enough to last a few months. Don't overdo it. When you have enough for the augmentation come back and I'll fix you up in no time."
[Make a connection with Stag: Weak hit. +1 momentum (3) comes at a cost.]
Kenzie slaps Stag on the back. "Thanks, boy. I owe you one."
"Well, if you want to make some credits to pay for that augmentation, I think I can help with that. I have a little job you can do that will help out."
"I'm listening," Kenzie says.
"There's a lady that owes me money. You go and collect it for me and I'll give you a cut."
Kenzie looks at Stag and frowns, "What's the catch?"
Stag smiles that toothy grin. "Let's just say she has been augmented a bunch of times and she would hardly pass for human by looking at her. She's one tough son of a bitch but owes me a lot of credits."
[Swear an iron vow: Collect Stag's debt.: Strong hit with match +2 momentum (5)]
Kenzie grabs her iron necklace. "I swear on iron I'll get you that debt. Now, where can I find her?"
"She's living on Wellspring right now. She's a miner." Stag hands a data chip to Raven giving all the details about her.
"Thanks, boy. I'll be back." Kenzie says as she walks out of the Riggers office.
[End of scene. Health 5 Spirit 5 Supplies 3 Momentum 5 A new vow to collect a debt for the Rigger.]
Comments
Post a Comment