Episode 1: And so it begins

 

Kenzie Allen Callsign Raven
Edge 2 Heart 3 Iron 2 Shadow 4 Wits 3
Assets: Scoundrel, Scavenger, Seer

[Begin a Session: Important character is put in danger or suffers a misadventure]

Kenzie woke up in a cold sweat. Flashes of her dream floated across her mind and one thing stood out amongst everything. A forgotten machine. Usually, when this happens it is because she saw a glimpse of the future, and sooner or later it would come true. She couldn't remember much else of the dream except, Forgotten Machine.

Sigh. "Nothing in life is ever easy with these dreams," Kenzie says to herself as she goes about getting ready for the day. After a quick shower and breakfast of cold sausage, Kenzie is strapping on her blaster when a call came through.

"Raven here," she said as she hit her communicator.

"Hey Raven, it's Fixer. I need your help." 

"What's up boy. What do you need?" Kenzie said as she walks out the door of her apartment.

"Can't talk over the communicator. Come see me. Fixer out."

It's never easy when Fixer calls me. Always wants something. 

Kenzie thinks to herself as she makes her way to Fixer. Fixer was a friend of Kenzie's. Well, more of a business partner. In Kenzie's line of business, she needs someone to be able to sell her ill-gotten gains to. Fixer is that man. 

It didn't take long to make it to Fixer's shop. It was one of the larger shops in Legacy settlement. It held a lot of interesting artifacts of forgotten times and parts for ships. He was usually very busy this time of the morning but today the place was empty.

Fixer was a large man. Must've been a bodybuilder in his younger days but now you can see age is taking its toll. Many scars line his face and arms and his silver-colored hair is beginning to recede.

"Hey bro," Kenzie said as she slaps Fixer on the back. "What do you need?"

Fixer sighs as he locks the door. "I'm in a bit of trouble Raven."

Kenzie rolls her eyes as she walks around the shop looking at some of the stuff on display. A bunch of the things she found in her travels and sold them to Fixer.

"I need you to do something for me. It's urgent." Fixer said nervously.

Kenzie turned towards Fixer and sighs. "Spit it out. What do you want Fixer? I don't have all day."

"I owe some powerful people money and I need you to go pay them for me." Fixer pulls out a data chip and hands it to Kenzie.

Kenzie looks at the chip and frowns. "Why can't you do it? What did you do?"

[Gather Information: Strong Hit: 6 + 3 + 0 = 9 vs 2 | 8] +2 momentum

"It's nothing like that. I um, Let's just say I made some bad investments and now I have to pay up. The lady's name is Dagger." 

[Does Kenzie know who Dagger is? 50/50: Yes]
[Does Kenzie have some sort of "relationship" with Dagger? Unlikely: No]

"Frak Fixer, really? I thought you knew better than to get into business with the likes of her. What did she do for you?"

"I had information that I sold to her and it seems that the information wasn't reliable and one of her men didn't make it."

Kenzie slips the data chip into her pocket and grabs onto her iron necklace. "I swear on Iron I will pay your debt to Dagger."

[Swear an Iron vow to Fixer to repay the debt owed.: Strong hit] +2 momentum (6)

"Where can I find Dagger?" 

"She hangs out at the Marrow. You know where that is?" Fixer said.

Kenzie nods and walks out of Fixer's shop. The Marrow was one of the larger drinking establishments on Legacy. It wasn't her type of place to hang out. Usually, Kenzie hangs out at the seedier establishments. 

As Kenzie walks into the Marrow, she notices signs of a recent fight. Blast marks scarred one of the walls and a maintenance droid was cleaning up blood off the floor near the blaster fire.

Kenzie notices Dagger sitting in a booth in the corner of the room with a large man standing a few feet away from her. From the looks of the man, he must be some kind of bodyguard. 

As Kenzie makes her way towards Dagger, the man stops her.

"I got business with her," Kenzie says nodding towards Dagger.

"No weapons." The man says as he reaches for Kenzie's blaster.

"If you touch my weapon, we are going to have a problem," Kenzie says as she puts her hand on her gun. 

[Compel: Miss, Pay the price.]

The man laughs and punches Kenzie in the face. [-1 health. Endure Harm: Strong hit, Shake it off +1 health]

"Stupid move bro," Kenzie says as she tries to knee the man in family jewels.

[Battle with Shadow: Strong hit. you achieve your objective unconditionally. You and any allies who joined the battle may take +2 momentum. (8)]

Her knee connects and the goon falls to the ground, moaning in pain and clutching at his groin. Kenzie steps over him and walks towards the table as Dagger looks at her with an amused look on her face.

[Mark a milestone towards her vow. 3 boxes.]

"Do I know you?" Dagger says as Kenzie slips into the booth.

"You know a friend of mine, Fixer. He owes you some money." Kenzie says as she slips the data chip onto the table. "This should cover it."

Dagger takes the chip and puts it into her datapad.

"So, are we good?"" Kenzie asks.

[Compel: Weak hit. +1 momentum (9) but it comes at a price.]

"This will do for now. But you tell Fixer I'll be seeing him soon. There is still the matter of the information I paid for that I didn't receive yet. This debt covers my man's life that was lost." Dagger says.

[Reach a milestone. Now 6 boxes.]

Kenzie sighs as she gets up from the table. She pulls her gun and points it at Daggers head. "This is over. He has paid you in full."

[Compel: Weak hit +1 momentum (10) at a price, made an enemy today, Dagger]

"Very well. You tell Fixer it was a pleasure doing business with him. But you and I on the other hand aren't done." Dagger says coldly.

[Reach a milestone: 9 boxes.] [Fulfill your vow: Strong hit. 1 tick on legacy]

"Whatever" Kenzie says as she walks out the door, putting away her blaster.

[End scene: Health 5 Spirit 5, Supply 5 Momentum 10, Made an enemy of Dagger, Finished Fixers debt vow]

Comments

Popular Posts